NADA has established four testing pools to which athletes are assigned. This allows athletes who achieve top performances nationally or internationally or pursue their discipline at a very high level to be tested in training, at home or on the go.
There are four testing pools: the Registered Testing Pool (RTP), the National Testing Pool (NTP), the General Testing Pool (GTP) and the Team Testing Pool (TTP). The allocation of an athlete to a testing pool takes place after coordination with the respective federation on the basis of the risk assessment of the sport and the individual squad status of the athlete.
Testing pool assignment
Registered Testing Pool (RTP)
- Olympic squad athletes in risk group A sports
- Athletes with squad status of a national sports federation
- Athletes who belong to an International Registered Testing Pool (iRTP).
National Testing Pool (NTP)
- Olympic squad athletes in risk group B and C sports
- Perspective squad athletes in risk group A sports
- Athletes on the extended team for the Olympic Games
General Testing Pool (ATP)
- National squad athletes who are not already members of the RTP or NTP
Team Testing pool (TTP)
- Athletes who are eligible to play on the basis of a license from a national league (currently players in the 1st and 2nd Bundesliga, the DEL, the easyCredit BBL, the LIQUI MOLY HBL and the Volleyball Bundesliga) unless they are already members of the RTP, NTP or ATP
In order for NADA to be able to fulfill its mandate for intelligent out-of-competition tests at any time and any place, athletes report their whereabouts in a corresponding system and thus fulfill their reporting obligations. These reporting requirements vary depending on the testing pool. You can find more information on this in the testing pools and whereabouts information section.
Testing pool registration
If an athlete is registered in a testing pool, he or she remains in the respective testing pool until the end of the testing pool year. A change in the squad status within the testing pool year has no effect on the testing pool assignment. Early withdrawal from a testing pool is only possible if the athlete leaves the federal squad or the national team. Athletes can find the corresponding declaration of withdrawal with instructions below and in the download section under applications. In case of a return to the national squad or the national team, the athlete is included in the testing pool again.
For more information on registration, reclassification, and leaving a testing pool, see the Standard for Results Management/Disciplinary Proceedings (Annex B: Reporting Requirements), available only in German.