Risk assessment and testing pools
The distribution of the total volume of-competition tests on individual athletes is based on the fundamental idea
- to focus on the sports that are exposed to a high risk of doping, and
- to focus on the athletes who compete on (inter-)national performance levels.
Considering physiological, empirical, financial and medial risk factors all sporting disziplines are assigned to one of three risk groups (A = high risk of doping, B = average risk of doping, C = low risk of doping). Further information on the risk group classification, see here.
Moreover, national sports federations report once a year all their team athletes. Based on the athletes squad and the risk assessment of the sport, the athletes are divided into the different testing pools. An overview of the "reporting dates for federations" can be found in the download section under forms.
The following testing pools exist in Germany.
Testing pool membership
Registered Testing Pool (RTP)
- Athletes who belong to an international Registered Testing Pool (iRTP)
- A-squad athletes in the sports with risk group A
National Testing Pool (NTP)
- A-squad athletes in the sports with isk group B and C
- B-squad athletes in the sports with risk group A
- All athletes of the wider circle of the team for the Olympic Games
General Testing Pool (ATP)
- All other national squad athletes who are not already members of the RTP or NTP
Team Testing Pool (TTP)
- All eligible football players of 1. and 2. Bundesliga, that are not already members of the NTP
- All eligible hockey players of DEL, which have not been reported as a member of the RTP, NTP or ATP
Forms and Links about this topic
- NADA is notified by the sports federation about all squad athletes to be integrated in one of the test pools. For this notification we ask the sports federation only to use the template "Test Pool notification" that can be found in the download area under Forms DKS.
- In case of retirment from sport, the athlete may apply for removal from the test pool. The corresponding "retirement note" with instructions can be found in the download section under Forms DKS.
- For more information about the test pool criteria, upgrading in and leaving the test pool can be found in the standard for whereabouts information.
Standard für Meldepflichten
Meldetermine für Spitzenverbände